Little Person, Big lungs!

Little Person, Big lungs!

Sunday 11 November 2012

Yesterday was an interesting photography day for me.
My beautiful partner of 9 years recently proposed to me and as a photographer I wanted to capture us together to remember how in love we are with each other. The only problem? I am so used to being behind the camera, being able to slightly tweak exposure, angle, position of the subject...but it was a challenge I thought would be a bit of fun.
So Yesterday was the day. We had spent all of yesterday in the garden working hard but come 4:30pm we were off for our shoot. It was a major challenge from the get go. I have recently purchased a new camera and my remote shutter is not compatible....although i didn't check this until we were on location. That's another thing i find when you try to shoot your own family....your professionalism goes out the window!!
Anyway...  so all my images were of me setting up my partner in frame, forcing him to "hold my hand" even when I wasn't there. Once the shutter button was pressed I had a whole 10 sec to get to him and pose appropriately then do it all over again. Very exhausting! There is nothing more tragic than jumping over fences, quickly positioning yourself and then hearing the shutter close just as you are pulling an ugly "did I make it???" face.








Although it was a challenge, it was one I thoroughly enjoyed. It taught me a lot about my photography skills. It taught me that perseverance does pay off. :) <3 k.

No comments:

Post a Comment